Subject: Mr problems continued...
From: "Alastair Murray" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 26 Nov 97 20:16:33 +0000

I'm now pretty sure that the problems with Backbone are due to AMOS
bugs. Specifically to do with IFs and large variables.

One thing I found is I can't define this Dim MAP(200,200,1) when a
program is compiled whereas it works fine when interpreted.

Thats not a real problem on it's own but in combination with all the
others it is.

I'm going to go through my program and reduce any Dim's I can and also
do something about lots of nested IF, ELSE etc 's.

Does anyone know what the SPECIFIC problem is.

e.g.
Does lots of IF, ELSE IF's do it?
Is it just lots of nested IFs, ENDIF's ?

Thanks,
-Murray

--

 Alastair  \\|//   [email-masked]
  Murray   (o o)      http://freespace.virgin.net/malcolm.murray
|~~~~~~oOOo~(_)~oOOo~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
| ---===ON AMINET===--- |dev/misc/Backbone | --==IN PRODUCTION==--  |
|  game/shoot/Hanger18  |game/shoot/Traitor|    The Turtleminator   |
|game/jump/BananaIslands|  game/role/CHAOS |       Hangar 18 II     |
|  game/shoot/Extinct   | game/jump/Blobby | Backbone - Game Creator|
|   dev/amos/KeyState   | dev/amos/PicPack |                        |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~